I am stuck in Tok, Alsaka, for two reasons. First, it is suppose to pour rain all day. And second, because I was planning on going to Dawson City, but it is the Dawson City Music Festival this weekend, and every hotel and campground is booked solid.
Brent and I have been riding together for I think ten days now. We accomplished something major together. We conquered the Dalton Highway and made it to the most northernly point in the western hemisphere that you can reach by a vehicle. While be both could have done it alone, it was much safer and cheaper to do it together. Plus, it was nice to have someone to share the momentous occasion with.
Today was the day for us to part company. I am going south the way he came up, and he is going south the way I came up. I am sure our paths will cross one day again. We are both planning on entering Mexico together at about the same time.
Off he goes.
It wasn’t long after that the predicted rain fell.
I waited as long as I could at the hotel and then went to Fast Eddies restaurant to wait out the rain. The rain won.
Some gas, air in the tires, and some riding around finally outlasted the rain. What should I do now? Go back to the hotel at $89 US or camp for $27 US? I had definitely overspent this month and so camping was tempting. On the other hand, it was suppose to continue to rain and so hoteling it was tempting. Money won!
I prepared for the rain by bringing out my multipurpose tarp.
Went to bed and still no rain. I heard a few drops during the night but that was it. Great decision Brian!
2 thoughts on “Waiting in Tok Alaska”
Really enjoying hearing about your trip…very cool and motivating. Had no idea about adventure riding until recently. Great way to see the world.
Hey Rod!!! Thanks!! Slightly better than sitting behind a desk reading interviews ha ha. Hope all is well.